Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Twinergy (thumbnail painting) Oil on canvas 8" x 10"

I got this idea from running around in the World of Warcraft, not that it really has anything to do with the game. I was basically just trying to capture the essence of some of the zones. They have an amazing amount of beautiful lands to explore in WoW and after playing off and on for the past 6 years I'm surprised that I haven't done a lot more, there's certainly plenty of inspiration there.
 Anyway, this is the first version of the larger painting I'm working on now.Basically a thumbnail painting which now I'm glad I made because it's given me ideas of what to put into the bigger piece. It's also given me a chance to put some rocks into my work, something that was previously non-existent. I'm thinking of some large crystals (WoW) and maybe more energy floating around. We'll see.

No comments: